Eva Moon is in final edits on an ambitious first novel. It weaves drama, humor, and fantasy into a sweeping adventure set in Europe during the rise of Fascism between the World Wars. But in this alternate world, magic drives history off the rails in even more perilous ways than in our own reality, and the only one who can save it is famous for making bad decisions.
The Mutant Diaries: Unzipping My Genes – How far would you go to save your life? Superpowers stem from incredible sacrifices in this feisty and frank solo musical. Upon learning she had the BRCA genetic mutation, which spikes the risk of breast cancer to 87% and ovarian cancer to 55%, Eva Moon had to make a life-altering choice: remove her healthy breasts and ovaries or face terrifying odds of cancer. Live music, warmth, and generous amounts of humor are all expertly woven in this story of her decision — and the extraordinarily empowering results of that choice. Available on Amazon Streaming Video. Read more >>
First You Jump – How do you take the terrifying leap into your own Unknown? This surreal and darkly comic musical play consists of five separate solo stories in which five very different characters face extraordinary choices that will change their lives irrevocably. But, like all of us, each must commit to a decision without knowing if it’s the right one. All of the stories have elements of magical realism, but the themes are very familiar. When does your private life stop being private? How far will you go for fame and success? What do you do when your past comes back to haunt you? Humor and pathos combine as each character wrestles with questions of identity, love, and ultimately acceptance.
Terminal Velocity – Flames, chaos, and then falling. Esther, whose life has been defined by caution, discovers she has the power to postpone her fate – indefinitely – but not alter the eventual outcome. How much limbo is too much and how do you find the courage to take a leap of faith? Get it now as a short story.
Damage Control – Sharon is running for her second term in the U.S. Senate and election day is just a week away. But she’s got an enormous skeleton in the closet that won’t stay buried. Must she choose between salvaging her campaign and love? What if losing the election could cost her the right to keep that love? Video performance on YouTube >>
Red Algernon – All Dolores has ever aspired to is to write beautiful music. But in a new world filled with artificial Beethovens, how can she compete if she doesn’t join them? The cost is high, though, and the outcome uncertain. What would you sacrifice to reach the stars?
Geppetto’s Funeral – Thirty years have passed since the fateful day Pinocchio became a real boy and things haven’t quite worked out the way he expected. Now, the Blue Fairy has returned and perhaps Pinocchio can have a second chance at happiness. But a conscience can be a prickly thing.
Growing Feathers – Corinne is a single girl with a problem. A startling transformation that overtakes her in her most intimate moments has left her feeling doomed to a solitary life. But now she’s met Tom and is ready to take a chance and lay her cards on the table. But Tom may have secrets of his own.
- HOUSE ODDS – Feature-length screenplay. When a party girl loses her family’s trailer park to a con man, she kidnaps a former gambling pro to win it back — even though he’s now more than a few chips short of a pot. Genre: Comedy PAGE Awards finalist, Optioned
- UNRAVELED – Feature-length screenplay. When a biker gang threatens their turf, the ladies of the local knitting club go to war – only to end up joining forces with them to save their home from a bigger threat. Genre: Comedy, AFF semi-finalist
- 50 SHADES OF GPS – A woman is driven to obsession by the seductive voice of her GPS. Genre: Comedy Status: Post-production
- SKIN – We believe our skin is a borderland between inside and out, self and other, life and death, until… Genre: Drama
- THE DOLL – In 1905 Ukraine, a little Jewish gains a magnificent doll – and a moment of humanity – from a murderous cossack. Genre: Drama, short
Professional Affiliations, Education, Experience:
- Graduate, Master Screenwriting Certification, ScreenwritingU, 2017
- Production crew: Props, Set Design, Wardrobe, Script Supervision, Actor/musician/animal wrangling Award-Winning film “Shade of Music” and others
- Eva Moon on IMDB
- Dramatists Guild
- International Centre for Women Playwrights