Hi-res images. Click to open in a new window or right-click and “Save Image.”
Eva Moon is an internationally produced playwright, screenwriter, performer, songwriter, and published author with a new novel coming out in March 2023.
Eva Moon is an author, songwriter, playwright, screenwriter, performer, and former Huffington Post blogger. Her plays and musicals have been staged across the US and UK, and her solo musical, “The Mutant Diaries: Unzipping My Genes” is streaming on Amazon. “Pinocchio’s Guide to the End of the World” is her first novel. More at https://evamoon.net
Eva Moon is an author, humorist, songwriter, playwright, screenwriter, performer, and former Huffington Post blogger. Her plays and musicals have been staged across the US and UK, and her solo musical show, “The Mutant Diaries: Unzipping My Genes” is streaming on Amazon. Her screenplay HOUSE ODDS was a Page Awards finalist and was optioned. She has released five music CDs; her music has appeared in feature film soundtracks. “Pinocchio’s Guide to the End of the World” is her first novel. More at https://evamoon.net • Longer bio here>>
Pinocchio’s Guide to the End of the World
ISBN: 979-8-9869263-1-5 (PB), 979-8986926308 (HB), Kindle ASIN: B0BTMVDVJX,
Page count: 334 | $16.99 US paperback
Release date: 3/21/2023
Genre: Adult Historical Fantasy
Contact Eva Moon for review copies
Topics I can discuss:
- What Pinocchio can teach us about Impostor Syndrome, self-acceptance, body image, and becoming our most authentic selves.
- Resilience and Post-Traumatic Growth, instead of PTSD.
- Why do fairy tales endure and how they are relevant for adults.
- Using humor and creativity to cope with stress and trauma
- Secret Germany: how researching a novel took me to amazing destinations WAY off the tourist beaten track
- Eva uses an AKG C3000B microphone and a Steinberg UR13 Audio Interface for online interviews.
- What inspired you to write a fantasy novel about adult, human Pinocchio?
- How did writing your novel help you recover from life-changing trauma?
- Everyone knows what PTSD is, but what do you mean by “Post-Traumatic Growth?”
- How has having a serious genetic mutation made your life happier and more meaningful?
- Why did you choose to set your novel during the rise of fascism in Europe between the World Wars?
- What kind of research did you do to create the world of your novel, and how did you balance the need for historical accuracy with the demands of the story?
- Your story travels from Italy to England and then to Germany. Are any locations based on real places? Were you able to visit and research any of them?
- What makes Pinocchio a compelling character for adult readers? Is it suitable for children?
- What themes or messages do you hope readers will take away from your novel?
- What advice would you give to other writers who are trying to create their own unique takes on classic stories?
- What are you working on next? Will there be a sequel?
Past media coverage
- King 5 TV News interview
- Midlife On Fire podcast interview
- Author interview on “The Mystery of Writing”
- Good Men Project: Unbearable for him to see my scars
- Creative Flair and Pause …Eva Moon Regroups and Thrives after BRCA Surgeries
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Harnessing Humor to Cope with Cancer
- Redmond Reporter
- Q13 TV News interview
- Making Music Magazine: Musicians Battle Breast Cancer With Music
Past speaking appearances
- Keynote presenter, National Society of Genetic Counselors annual conference, 2018
- Presenter, FORCE International conference on hereditary cancer, 2017, 2018
Awards & Publications
- “Growing Feathers” – short story in Etherea Magazine, August 2022
- Page Screenwriting Award finalist
- VALA Women Artists in [R]evolution award
Other online content
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 206-817-9777